I have to tell you, I have spotted some of the oddest recipes– This one truly has me baffled. I’m not sure if I should laugh, or cry that we once ate these odd little numbers. Here is the 1953 McCall’s Magazine and Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Recipe, for Cling Peach Soufflé Salad with cold meats . I am going to let you decide for yourself.
Cling Peach Soufflé Salad
with cold meats
1. To make this excitingly different and easy new salad: Dissolve 1 package Lime Jell-o in 1 cup hot water, 1 Tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 cup Hellmann’s , Real Mayonnaise, and 1/4 tsp salt. Blend well with rotary beater and pour into refrigerator freezing tray.
2. Quick-chill in refrigerator freezing unit (without changing the control) from 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture is firm about 1 inch from the edge but soft to the touch in the center. Then turn the mixture into a bowl and whip with rotary beater until fluffy and creamy smooth.
3. Fold in 1/2 cup diced celery, 3 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish, 1 1/2 cups canned California Cling Peaches, drained and cut up. Pour into 1-quart mold. Chill until firm in refrigerator (not freezing unit) 30 to 60 minutes. Un-mold, cut into 4 to 6 servings. Serve with additional Real Mayonnaise and peaches.
- Cranberry Holiday Jell-O Mold by McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- 1960′s Party Sandwich Loaf brought to you by McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry & Pineapple Dream Mold by McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Sunkist Orange Recipe Cards of McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)