- 1/4 cup Wesson, pure vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup regular rice, uncooked
- 2 8-oz cans Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (optional)
Heat Wesson in skillet. Add onion, green pepper, beef and rice. Stir over high heat until lightly browned. Add Hunt’s Tomato Sauce and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Bring quickly to a boil. Cover tightly, and simmer 25 minutes. Makes 4 servings. Meat may be omitted. 1/2 cup grated cheese may be added if desired just before serving time.
For packaged, pre-cooked rice: use only 1-1/2 cups water for 1-1/2 cups rice, and simmer, uncovered, only 5 minutes.