Fish steaks, Hunt’s-style 1961
The modern way to cook with tomato… just pour in Hunt’ sauce for fabulous fish steaks
- 1/3 cup Wesson, pure vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs fish steaks (swordfish, haddock, or halibut)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 8-oz can Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
Lightly brown onion and green pepper in Wesson. Remove from pan. Brown fish on both sides in oil remaining in pan. Pour off excess oil. Sprinkle with cooked onion and green pepper, salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley and thyme. Pour Hunt’s Tomato Sauce over and around fish. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until fish can be flaked easily with a fork. Makes 4 servings.
Pour in Hunt’sauce and you pour in a pound of whole, ripe tomatoes simmered to a thick, smooth sauce — spiced just right. It’s the modern way to cook with tomato!