“A little history on this Mold I used– I bought it at Hope Thrift Store located on US 27, Davenport Florida for a whopping $2.00! I was so excited to see it! I also found 2 others I bought for a bit of nothing!”
“This was a NEW recipe I created one day, by eating Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce together — Yes, I know I’m odd! However it was really GREAT so I thought, something could be made of this odd craving I had! “
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 packages Jell-O Cranberry flavored gelatin
- 2 packages Lemon flavored gelatin
- 2 packages Philadelphia cream cheese, softened for 45 minutes
- 1 can Ocean Spray whole berry cranberry sauce, do not refrigerate
- 1 1/2 cups of water for cranberry Jell-O
- 1 cup water for lemon Jell-O
Method of preparation
1. Place metal Jell-o mold in freezer before starting anything. (Helps Jell-O to set)
2. In medium sauce pan add 1 1/2 cups of water , add whole cranberry sauce (I placed in a bowl and gently broke apart first), bring to a boil, stir frequently. Add both packages of cranberry jell-o, stir till completely dissolved. (DO NOT ADD COLD WATER, as package suggests. You do not need it)
3. Remove Jell-O mold from freezer, pour contents of cranberry Jell-O in mold. Be sure to not get cranberry Jell-O on sides, (if so wipe off so that other Jell-O won’t be stained).
4. Place mold back in your freezer for approximately 30 minutes or till set, but still able to leave print–IMPORTANT so that other Jell-O will adhere to layer.
5. After 30 minutes in freezer or set, place in your refrigerator.
6. In clean sauce pan place water for Lemon Jell-O using my measurement (not packages) Be sure to stir cream cheese that has been out softening, then add to water. Bring water to simmer and be sure to continuously stir or you will have lumps. Once you notice cream cheese has dissolved in water, turn heat up. Bring to boil, add 2 packages of lemon Jell-O. Stir till dissolved. Turn off heat. Remove from hot burner. Let cool for 5-8 minutes –stir occasionally.
7. Once lemon Jell-O has cooled off for 5-8 minutes, remove mold from refrigerator, slowly ladle one spoonful at a time of lemon Jell-O on to 1st layer till done. Cover mold with a dish that fits your mold. Place in refrigerator overnight.
8. To Un Mold , run water till hot but not scalding. Once it it hot fill sink, being sure water level will NOT get in mold. Have dessert plate ready. Place mold in water, count to 8. Remove mold— see if Jell-O sways when gently shaken. If so it is ready to remove. If not place back in for only a few seconds—repeat. Place plate on mold, flip and Wa-La!
- Retro recipe for Jell-O’s Barbecue Salad (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Vintage French Strawberry Pie from The McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas Kitchen (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry & Pineapple Dream Mold by McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- DOLE PINEAPPLE JELL-O IN A CAN (1955) Vs, McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas DOLE PINEAPPLE JELL-O IN A CAN 2013 (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)