“Sometimes a few simple ingredients can inspire a great dish. Other times, it may actually be the dish itself that inspires the great!”
- Pastry for two-crust 9″ pie
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. Roll out half of pastry; line 9″ pie plate and trim pastry about 1/2″ larger than rim. Fill with blueberries. Combine sugar and flour and sprinkle over berries. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Dot with butter or margarine. Roll out rest of pastry; cut into half-inch strips. Moisten edge of bottom crust. Arrange pastry strips in lattice across top of pie. Fold edge of bottom crust over ends of strips, press together and flute.
2. Bake in hot oven (425°F) about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling begins to bubble.
If you’re in a hurry, buy ready-to-bake pie shells and fill with canned ready-to-use blueberry pie-filling following package directions.
- Vintage French Strawberry Pie from The McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas Kitchen (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Vintage Plum Jam from The McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas Kitchen (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Vintage Apple Pie Recipe 1922 Vs McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas Ole Fashioned Apple Pie (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- NEW Recipes for RED CHERRIES! 1955 (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)