Things you will need:
- Non stick Bundnt pan
- Gelatin ( 1 large box 3 oz Red gelitin, 5 small boxes of assorted red, range, green, blue. You may even use different brands. We Used Jell-o, Royal, and Jolly Rancher for our mold)
- 4 envelopes plain gelatin (7 tsp gelatin powder, divided)
- 1 1/2 cups flavored rum vodka ,divided by (6) -1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- Use 3/4 cup of water for each small box (x 5)
- Use 1 1/4 cups of water for large box.
Step 1-Place the bottle of Vodka in the freezer for several hours before beginning recipe.
Step 2- Pour 3/4 cup water into a saucepan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the plain gelatin. Allow gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (about 4 minutes). Wisk in the first package of flavored gelatin. Whisk for at least 2 minutes, or until completely dissolved.
Step 3- Remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup of the cold liquor, and stir to combine.
Step 5- Pour the gelatin mixture into the prepared mold, and place in refrigerator. Allow to set for 20 to 30 minutes, until the gelatin is a little firm, but still sticks when touched.
Step 6- Refrigerate the remaining gelatin mixture in bowl about a few minutes or until slightly thickened (about the consistency of egg whites). Gradually stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of yogurt and stir until well blended. This cooling step is also important ; the gelatin must be cooled to room temperature before adding on top of other layers, or the layers will not be well defined!
*Repeat steps with remaining gelatin flavors, except large box will be 1 1/4 cups water
Step 7- After completing all the layers, refrigerate the gelatin overnight. To un-mold, fill a larger container or clean sink with warm water (not too hot!). Next, dip the mold almost to the edge into the warm water for just a few seconds (8 seconds). Dry the bottom of the mold with a towel and check the edges to see if they are loose, if not, repeat the dip for just a few seconds. Light swish mold to see it turns . Place your serving plate on top of the mold and invert.
(Cross fingers and pray)Sigh in relief and SERVE
- Pick Your Poison Party ADULT JELL-O Mold with Vodka (mccallumsshamrockpatch.wordpress.com)
- DOLE PINEAPPLE JELL-O IN A CAN (1955) Vs, McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas DOLE PINEAPPLE JELL-O IN A CAN 2013 (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
- Vintage style 3 Layer JELL-O Mold Ring with Pineapple (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)
Tagged: Box, congealed molds, Gelatin, Gelatin dessert, Jell-O, Jello, jello molds, Jello-o molds, Jolly Rancher, Jolly Rancher jello, McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas, Mold, recipe, Refrigeration, retro recipe, vintage recipe, Wisk